Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saturday





The Hopewell Angler's Club experienced some really good tuna fishing during thier annual angler's tournament Saturday. We started off fishing around birds and busting fish and caught 3 out of 5 yellowfin in the 50 pound class. Next was a single yellowfin, a small dolphin and then another single yellowfin. Another captain came on the radio and reported that he just hooked 8 bigeye tuna and he was close to our position. As soon as we got there we started what would be a two and a half hour battle with 2 bigeyes. Andy and Ronnie did a great job and we landed both fish. Ronnie's was 149 lbs and Andy's fish was 178 lbs. Out total tuna weight for the day was 547 lbs. Thanks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work on the meat! Couple of nice ones

clarkaa777 said...

thanks again guys for the great trip. muscles and joints I didn't even know I have are sore still but the tuna is tasty so it was worth it. I cant seem to pull your e-mail off the website so if you can send me an e-mail at aclark@ligonjones.com I will send you the videos and pics I took.

Samanna Sportfishing said...

send the pics/video to: samanna@samannasportfishing.com

Thanks